This website has been developed by myself, Colin Crowther, to share local bodyboard news and pictures and to also give the bodyboard world an insight into our small island Jersey’s waves and the locals who ride them.
Initially set up in the late 1990s, the website very much focussed on photos of local bodyboard sessions and competitions, and in the early days the old style guestbook proved to be a great method of providing interaction amongst bodyboarders. Then along came social media, which had a huge impact on the website, with interaction moving across to the social media platforms.
For a number of years the website co-existed quietly alongside the social media platforms until I sadly took the decision to let it slip away early 2018.
Fast forward two years, and jerseybodyboarding.com is back. There was too much history to let it go. Going forwards the website will see a new direction as I have decided to develop it into a more personal website, with wider content; the core though will still centre around the local bodyboard scene.
I hope you enjoy the website and feel free to contact me via the contact page should you wish to find out anything about Jersey, need any bodyboarding advice in general, or wish to provide feedback, share or contribute some content.
Many thanks Colin
Colin Crowther Bio:
- Started bodyboarding in 1985
- Holds the most Channel Island Championships titles for the bodyboard division
- Previous runner-up at British National Bodyboard Championships in open, senior and masters divisions
- 2 times Contest Director for the European Surfing Championships
- 1 time Contest Director for the British Surfing Championships
- Former Contest Director of the Jersey Surfboard Club
- Represented the Channel Islands at 5 European Championships
- Managed the Channel Island Team at European Championships level
- Head judged at British National Bodyboard Championships
- Judged on European Tour of Bodyboard
- Judged all surfing disciplines at local, UK, and European level
- Founder member and Executive Committee Member of the Channel Islands Surfing Federation
- Former Executive Committee Member of the European Surfing Federation
- Founder member of the Jersey Bodyboarders (bodyboard club)
- Written numerous published articles on bodyboarding and surfing for various local and UK publications
- Refresh custom 40.75″ PP quad channel stiff stringer (warm water)
- Pride custom 41″ NRG single to double concave (cold water)
- Custom X Pat Caldwell 41″ PE, no channel (retro board)
- 5’10” Softech surfboard
- 9’1″ Bic longboard
- 40″ homemade cedar paipo board
- Collection of classic English bellyboards